16 January 2014

30 Words :: Branches


Tangled limbs pierce the winter sky.
Chalky lines s-n-a-k-e delicate pathways
for nut-gatherers and songsters alike.
Weaving veins
await the thaw,
a blanket of green to {hide you}
once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The premise of 30 Words Thursdays is simple...
Take an image.
Write 30 Words about it. No more. No less.
Post it each Thursday.
Add your link to the InLinkz on my 30 Words Thursday post. (InLinkz code will be open for one week.)
Enjoy seeing what others have captured by visiting them and leaving a comment.



12 comments:

Drtanglebones said...

I'm not sure the link is functional. It looks like it will open in a week...

Alice said...

Fantastic photo! I couldn't see the link.

rosebud101 said...

Erin, what I wonderful idea! I think I'll write another blog post today. I'll be linking up soon! Thanks!

Ema Kilroy said...

I love your photo. I truly love when the leaves fall from the trees and the tree branches are exposed. One of my favorite things. Your 30 words are great.

Beverley Baird said...

Such a lovely poem and photo!

CraftyHope said...

I love that your 30 words are so poetic. Your use of the variations in the font give those minimal words such emotion!

Mary K. McGraw said...

I really enjoyed the different fonts and sizes of the fonts in your thirty words. They added more texture to the very wintry texture of your photo.

Empty nester at last said...

Love the poem...very descriptive! posted mine too. I have a website that I post my poems and such...

http://thesongsofmyheart1.blogspot.com

thanks for the challenge!!!

Lola said...

This is such a great idea Erin ... I love your creative writing style!

Anonymous said...

Naked winter tree branches. I love them!

Nadine @ Chic with the Kool-Aid Mustache said...

I was so excited to see this earlier this morning and looked for inspiration all day till i finally found it! I'm all linked up.

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Erin,
Amazing photo and I love the poem you wrote, so fitting the photo and season. Was there a sign up for 30 words Thursday or can I just participate on any Thursday?
Therese

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin